Sunday, November 7, 2021

Forza Horizon 5 Review

Forza Horizon 5
Developed By: Playground Games
Published By: Xbox Game Studios
Date of Release: November 4, 2021
Price: $59.99

I'm going to admit that I've never been terribly good at serious racing games. I've always given them a fair try, but all the simulation style racers like Gran Turismo and the like are way above my skill level. Arcade racers on the other hand, those I can do well in. That's why ever since the beginning I've been in love with Microsoft's Forza Horizon series. The Horizon games take a more arcadey, open-world design to the standard racing formula, with a greater focus on exploration and car collecting. 

https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_original/scahhp.jpg

I'm glad to say that Forza Horizon 5 lives up to the pedigree of the franchise, starting off rather bombastically with a parachute landing on the rim of an active volcano in Mexico while driving a 2021 Ford Bronco. And the insanity doesn't stop there as you'll soon be exploring ruins and jungles, chasing storms, and finding classic cars stashed in barns all across the country. Forza Horizon 5 takes the precedents set by the previous entries in the series and just turns everything up to 11. You'll always have something to do

                      https://images.igdb.com/igdb/image/upload/t_original/scahhi.jpg

Despite being a cross-generation title across the Xbox One and Series consoles, Forza Horizon 5 looks AMAZING on the Series X. I personally played in the performance mode, as the slight reduction to the visuals is worth it for a locked 60FPS. I've had an absolute blast collecting cars and racing against my friends and their Drivatars, and I can safely say that this is my favourite Forza experience to date. Anyone who is a fan of driving games, or collecting cars in general should give Forza Horizon 5 a spin, it's really worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Add your comment here. Please be polite!